Nearly one month after issuing his “safer at home” order, Gov. DeSantis announced Phase 1 of his “Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery” on Wednesday, April 29.
Key Phase 1 actions include:
• Restaurants and retailers may reopen to 25% capacity and in compliance with CDC social distancing guidelines.
• Schools remain closed and distance learning continues.
• Gyms, bars, and barbershops/salons remain closed.
• Hospitals may resume elective surgeries.
Phase 1 also includes increased testing and contact tracing and urges Floridians to continue wearing face masks in public and practicing social distancing. View the governor’s presentation here, and watch his press conference here.
– McKinley Lewis, On 3 Public Relations