Although we are looking forward to our lives returning to normal, our pets are less than thrilled. After spending so much time at home with our four-legged friends, it is essential to transition them slowly back to being alone during the day.
Patricia McConnell, certified applied animal behaviorist, shares excellent tips in this New York Times article. They include:
• Start leaving them alone for short periods of time.
• Give your pet a safe space where they are comfortable.
• Find new ways to engage their brain while they are alone.
• Look for troubling behavior that is often signs of separation anxiety.
– Katie Householder, On 3 Public Relations