National Earth Day is celebrated annually on April 22. Over the last year, I think we have all learned to appreciate our mother (earth, that is) a little more than usual, having spent extra time on our patios and in parks and backyards. There are many ways to honor and protect the environment around us:
• Help clean up a local neighborhood, whether it’s a sidewalk or a nearby body of water.
• Flex your green thumb and plant a tree.
• Set new goals like recycling more or cutting down on plastic usage.
• Spend some time in nature.
• Fight food waste by composting.
– Taylor Thompson, The Atlanta 100